Over President's Day weekend, a I joined a group of friends for a ski trip up to Jackson Hole. We went to the resort one day and I opted in for 1 of the 2 backcountry tours. We had a great time on the mountain, in the hot tub, cooking together, playing jenga and quarters, and just hanging out in the shared condo. It was a great weekend!
I bought a solitude pass this season and am trying to snowboard more so that I actually feel comfortable, rather than just get used to boarding again... and then, BAM, the season is over! I am feeling more confident, especially in powder. My second backcountry tour ever was a year ago on Christmas Eve. Afterward, I found out that my friends call that area "Meltdown Mountain..." Would've be nice to know prior to starting out the hike. My saviors that day were Johnny and Matt. When my snowboard and I got stuck in powder away from everyone else who was skiing, they hiked back up and helped me make it the rest of the way down. I remember being super emotional and frustrated with my lack of skills, but they were both calm and patient with me. Who better to deal with me than two ski instructors of the National Ability Center?? Thanks guys!
My winter wish is that my parents had started me skiing when I was tiny kiddo like a lot of my friends did. Oh well, no time like the present. I borrowed Lori's skis this year and started learning to ski. It's pretty fun and I enjoy learning a new sport. I'm taking it slow because I'm super nervous that I will fall, twist and blow out a knee. I plan to buy used boots next year and use Mikey's old skis to continue on my learning journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment