Monday, February 27, 2012

Batty Eyelashes

I have always prided myself on being a relatively natural and low maintenance woman.  When it comes to make-up, I simply curl my lashes and wear mascara with the occasional eyeliner.  My lashes are long, but light and straight, so I think I look like a boy if I don't do anything to my eyes.  


My sister Raine became certified to apply lash extensions a few years ago and tried to talk me into it.  I was uninterested until I saw my friend, Carlee, last fall with her new lashes.  It was an unfair comparison, because she already has gorgeous, bright blue eyes, but I was finally convinced to try lash extensions.  

It is a fairly long session to sit through, especially the first time.  I think my first set took about 1.5-2 hours.  I laid on a massage table, Raine taped my lower lashes out of the way, and then one by one, glued a thicker lash onto each on my own lashes.  It is a long and arduous process, but I was really pleased with the results!

Before:


After:






I've now had several sets (you have to get fills about every 4 weeks as your lashes grow and fall out) and I really enjoy having them.  There are different lengths and curls you can choose from and I asked for the medium length and the C curl so they didn't look super fake.  The best part for me, (besides the sister discount!) is that I don't have to wear any make-up at all.  I just use a little eyelash brush to separate the lashes in the morning; no curling, no mascara!  So much for this all natural woman!  Thanks Sis!

2 comments:

  1. I actually noticed your long lashes in one of the post skiing pictures before reading this post. Did you have them done then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my first set was around Thanksgiving. I really like not having to wear make-up but I do feel a little sheepish about this girly addiction! Love you T!

      Delete