Monday, February 27, 2012

Bossy is one high flying Cheerleader!

My 6-year-old niece, Bostyn, has been in cheer for 2 years now and she continues to amaze me with her progress!  I love going to her performances and watching the videos of them over and over.  

She is one of the "fliers" on her team, which means that she's the one they boost up in the air and throw around.  She has always loved to balance ever since she was tiny, so this is a great role for her.  She is so self-motivated and dedicated and she pushes herself to learn the next tumbling stunts and routines as fast as possible.  She can already do cartwheels, roundoffs, back-walkovers, front-walkovers and back-handsprings.  Amazing!

Being on her cheer team has helped her learn discipline, practice and focus.  This last season, she tried out (I know, try-outs, for 5-year-olds?!?) for the next level team and didn't make it...  Instead, she made the team 2 levels higher!!!!  Bossy- I am such a proud auntie and I'm so glad you love to cheer!







Here are a few videos of her competitions this season.  Remember, these girls are ages 6-8!  They are crazy good!





No comments:

Post a Comment