We spent 5 hours at the museum and we still have 2 rooms we want to go back to see! There are just so many interesting things to see and read about. My favorites were the mummies and the Human Genome Project. It seems like 5 hours is the magic amount of time that Mikey and I can peruse before we get museum-ed out. We stopped in Annapolis on the way home at this great cafe for crab cakes and crab soup: Crab Cake Cafe.
On Wednesday it snowed some more so Mikey ventured out with the camera while I cooked dinner. We just bought Aperture, a photo editing program that we are starting to geek out on. I need to watch some tutorials because there is SO much you can do with it.
Mikey came home with frozen hands to my dinner of homemade wheat bread and soup. Perfect for a cold, snowy evening. I adore cooking with and/or for my guy and then sitting down to eat together. Our friends Andy and Ness try to have a sit down dinner together with a lit candle every night they can. I love this simple, nightly ritual and am starting to work it in to our own dinners.
We became members of the local YMCA to give us something physical to do while the weather is cold. I've never been inside any YMCA and this one is great; it's huge with 2 pools, a yoga room, a designated women's only weight room, racquetball courts, tennis courts, a basketball court and a climbing wall! They offer many different classes every day and we're both looking forward to working out there.
I've been going to a yoga studio in Easton that I really like. I've gone twice to the Hot Power Vinyasa class and LOVE it. It is so different from the Bikram hot yoga classes which are too structured and military-boot-camp-like for me. The heat helps me warm up quickly and get deeper into poses than I'm usually able. In Bikram, you do the exact same poses in the exact same sequence in every class. But these classes are flowing vinyasa classes, like I teach, just hot. Dripping sweat, heat lamp hot. I am a fan.
Work has been getting better. Mikey finished his 4th week and I my 3rd of 13. I think we are both climbing up the very steep learning curve of a new floor at a new facility and feeling a little more comfortable. As we travel to different places it will be interesting for us to learn which processes work best, which charting systems are most user friendly, and how the best units are run. It will be good information for us to take with us to our future positions, especially if we ever want to work in management someday.
We are looking forward to some fun events in April including our sailing course and a weekend visit from Annie, Kyle and their dog River, whom we've never met! Stanley can't wait to meet his dog cousin!









Krista (and Mikey), your mom and I are super excited to come out in May and see your digs, the bay and your new sailing skills!!! Love ya, Dad
ReplyDeleteI'm loving all of your pictures! Hope the weather is getting better!
ReplyDelete