Mikey started his hospital orientation on Tuesday, March 4th, which left me to unpack the Subaru (we paid to have it shipped and it arrived late Monday night) and organize the house. That didn't take long, so the next few days found Stanley and me taking several laps around the tiny town of Oxford, playing at the dog park, and driving into Easton and Cambridge for more exploring.
Though the house came stocked with more than we needed, there were a handful of necessary items I wanted like measuring cups, a teapot, curtains and a curtain rod. Rather than buy these at Target or Walmart (they have BOTH in Easton), I decided to try to find them at thrift stores for the fun and adventure of it. After several trips to Goodwill and two other thrift shops, I had everything I needed except hot pads.
To add to the fun and give me something to do before my job starts the next week, I chose to make the curtains. We found a funky duvet and using my lovely sewing machine, I "upcycled" them into reversible drapes! They aren't my finest work or even that pretty, but they function!
I used more of my free time to bake some delicious wheat bread! Without kids, I'm not sure what housewives would do all day. Well, they probably have friends, gym memberships, hobbies and volunteer positions. I need to find some of those here in Maryland... :) I'm excited for the weather to warm up a bit so I can get out on my roadbike and take the provided kayaks and cruiser bikes for a spin. I did locate a few yoga studios in Easton and we are exploring options for sailing lessons!
I am looking forward to starting work next week and am interested to see how it will feel to work somewhere else after 8 years at my old position.



No comments:
Post a Comment