Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Somebody Misses Mikey

I closed off the doors to the den and the bedroom beyond so Mikey could get some quiet rest after his night shift.  Stanley waited very patiently outside the doors for about an hour before I decided we were past due for our walk to the dog park.  I guess I'm not the only one who gets lonely during the daytime while Mikey sleeps...


The dog park is an enclosed baseball field where people can bring their pups to play.  It is a two-minute walk from our house and we frequent it almost daily.  We've met a lot of people and their dogs and Stanley is so much happier after a game of chase with his new puppy friends.  At 4.5 years old, he is the oldest of most of the regular crew, but still the fastest at fetching a tennis ball.  Not that we're competitive or anything.  

Stanley, Mikey and I all definitely miss the easy outdoor recreation options of SLC.  We are signed up for a sailing course in late April, we have cruiser bikes and kayaks available at the house, and there are state parks where we can camp... when it warms up!!!  Many locals have told us that this winter has been the coldest, worst winter they've seen in over a decade.  We don't mind cold and snow if we can DO something in it like ski, snowshoe or sled, but none of that is available close by.  So, indoor activities for us for now and we'll keep putting out inviting energy to warmer, spring weather!


1 comment:

  1. Fun to read about your adventures. Keep them coming. Love you two!

    ReplyDelete