Friday, January 31, 2014
Solitude and Togetherness
Mikey and I FINALLY were able to ski and snowboard together for the first time this season at Solitude Mountain Resort. We both bought Monday through Friday passes and since the snow hasn't been great, we've only used them a handful of times so far. We took some laps, Mikey telemarking on his new skis (!) and I on my snowboard, and then Honeycomb opened up! We hiked a little ways over and took some great powder runs in the trees. We stopped for lunch and Mikey waited patiently while I held a personal debate on what and where to eat. I eventually decided (after Mikey had tightened and loosened his boots several times) to head down from Sunshine Grill to the Stone Haus Pizzeria where we enjoyed big slices of pizza and a PBRs for $6 each. Can't beat that. I love getting out of the city inversion and breathing the clean, fresh air on the mountain. And I especially adore spending quality time with my guy at Solitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment