We began the evening by deep frying a turkey and having dinner at Ness and Andy's home. Then, we all left our dogs at their house while we humans packed into one car and headed to The State Room for a concert. The Shook Twins opened for Elephant Revival and they were both amazing. I had heard one album by Elephant Revival but The Shook Twins were new to me. Elephant Revival is described as "a groove containing elements of gypsy, rock, Celtic, alt-country and folk." The concert went for hours and each band invited the other to come onstage and played several songs together.
When midnight approached, the concert was paused while we all got a plastic cup of champagne (free with our ticket). We counted down the seconds and toasted the New Year. Then, the concert started back up and continued for another hour.
Afterward, our generous DD, Andy, packed us all in his car and shuttled back to their place to rejoin our dogs and crash for the night.
Once again, I am so grateful for our wonderful friends. We are very lucky to a part of this tight knit group. More than that, I am overwhelmingly grateful for my life-partner, Mikey. You are endlessly patient, kind, lighthearted, understanding, loving and forgiving. You are so good to me and for me. I love you more than you can imagine and I look forward to continue showing you this in the upcoming years. We have so many plans, dreams and hopes for our lifetime together and I am overjoyed to continue this adventure with you. XOXO
![]() |
| Elephant Revival |
![]() |
| The Shook Twins |





No comments:
Post a Comment