Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mom and Dad's Visit to Maryland

My parent's came to visit us in Maryland!  I was really looking forward to their visit so I requested work off and planned a handful of activities to fill their week with us.  We crammed in a lot of activities and had a fantastic time:

Checking out our hospital, Easton Memorial.

We cruised around Oxford on bikes





 Enjoying drinks on the beach down the road from our place



We went sailing on the Chesapeake Bay out of Annapolis.  The weather looked like it might not cooperate due to very light winds, but when we finally got out there, we were able to watch from the sailboat as the Blue Angels practiced their flight routine for the following day's Navy graduation.  It was amazing!










We borrowed some extra kayaks from our generous neighbors and went kayaking on the very gorgeous and mellow Tuckahoe River.  We saw a ton of turtles and even two beavers (one of which I am positive was dying, but Mikey thought was just sleeping...). 
























We biked to St. Michael's and spent the day wandering shops, eating and drinking... some more than others.  Mom became obsessed with these toy kittens and bought not one, but two of them!  When she showed Stanley, he was equally obsessed and even prowled around her bag after seeing where she packed them!



We gave my parents our amazingly comfy King bed and Mikey and I slept in the guest room.  This is my proof to him that I am not the only diagonal sleeper in this relationship.  

We drove to Suicide Bridge Restaurant for some fresh seafood and weren't disappointed.



On the way back, we just made it to the Choptank River Bridge in time for this breathtaking sunset.  Mom and I also did a quick beach walk in search of sea glass. 







A day in D.C. was filled with the Air and Space Museum, Natural Science Museum and a fast paced walk around the National Monuments.  My favorite "hangry" Mikey quote occurred on the train ride in to D.C. when he hangrily chimed in regarding dietary cleansing, "You can do any kind of cleanse, even a meat cleanse!"  We got some food quickly thereafter and since then I have teased him often about doing a meat cleanse.  




We had a lovely time hosting my parents and showing them around Maryland and D.C.!  Thanks for making the trip and for your wonderful company!  



No comments:

Post a Comment