I took SO many pictures on this 2 week trip that I need to divide the trip up by the different places we visited. So, for the first installation of the Germany trip:
OCTOBER 24TH, NUREMBERG:
Diane and I flew together on Delta, the direct flight from SLC to Paris. Bill insisted on paying for us both to upgrade to "Economy Comfort" with more leg room. It was really nice to have some extra space. The one unfortunate thing about the flight was that something was broken with the flight attendant call system and it kept dinging, loudly and frequently just over our heads. That didn't help us sleep, but it'll help me to always remember the flight! After that long flight, the one to Nuremberg was relatively short!
Annie and Kyle picked up at the airport and took us to see Nuremberg, the closest big city to their house. The very best this about this trip was having Annie and Kyle as hosts and travel guides. To have their house as a home base and be able to use their car was amazing as well. They really were the most gracious hosts, opening their cute house to Diane and me, cooking, planning, and traveling with us. It was also a great time to get to know Kyle better since I hadn't spent much time with him.
Diane and I both slept well the first night, sharing the guest room. Diane slept on the bed and I chose to sleep on an air mattress. Jet lag got the best of us the second night, though and we both tossed and turned, got up, read and TRIED to feel the least bit tired. After that though, we seemed to do better for most of the trip.
To be continued...







No comments:
Post a Comment