Friday, January 27, 2012

New Couches!

When we moved in to our house three years ago, we were lucky enough to receive a lot of hand-me-down furniture from family.  We have been using some very old couches and chairs that my Grandma Marilyn gave us.  I think they were originally whitish, but now they are more of a yellow/tan color.  I bought a couch cover for the long couch, but it was annoying to try to keep it from getting bunched up and I found myself avoiding sitting on it so I didn't have to fix the cover again!  But, they have been really comfortable, well-used and much loved couches.  

We finally decided to buy new couches since the local Furniture Warehouse (yep, the one on "Road Redwood") was having a going out of business sale.  After much browsing, we chose these classy couches.  The sad points are they aren't as comfy as the old ones and it's hard to spoon together even on the long one (we forgot to try this position out in the store).  

I really like the new couches and am looking forward doing a little more work on the upstairs in the near future, like painting the rooms we haven't yet, new baseboards (!!!), painting the end tables, and maybe refinishing the hardwood floors.  





No comments:

Post a Comment