Monday, August 13, 2012

Priest Lake 2012

Vernon Yamashiro is one of the OBs I work with at St. Mark's and his wife Cathey is an ER doctor.  I've been teaching a private yoga class at their house one day a week for the past 2 years.  We invite our co-workers and friends to join us and have class sizes that have ranged from 1 student up to 19!  Once a month we have a potluck dinner after class and everyone is able to enjoy the Yamshiro's beautiful house and the amazing view.  Vernon and Cathey are such fantastic and gracious hosts and can whip up delicious meals like nobody's business.  We have created a wonderful yoga community and I am so grateful to have such a great space to share yoga with friends.

The Yamashiros invited us to their cabin at Priest Lake in northern Idaho last fall.  I had gone without Mikey 2 years earlier to teach yoga on the deck and was really excited to go back and share it all with him this time.  

The cabin is amazing and built for hosting lots of friends and having lots of fun.  They have games and toys galore and if you aren't enjoying yourself at any given moment, you should get your head checked.  We ate better for that one week than we did all year!  I love the traditions they have come up with, from licking the ice cream beaters to nick-names on the lunch bags.  

Thank you, Vernon and Cathey for opening your home to us for yoga each week and for the wonderful trip to the cabin!  We enjoyed Priest Lake immensely and are hoping to go back again someday soon.













































1 comment:

  1. Those pics really brought back some amazing memories from the lake. Sad you guys can't make it this year. Thanks for being our yogini!!!

    ReplyDelete