For my 28th birthday (whoa, am I really that old?!), Mikey planned a river trip for just the three of us - Mikey, Stanley and me! He rented inflatable duckies and we drove down to Southern Utah to Muddy Creek. The water flow of the Muddy Creek is not always high enough to paddle, but this year it was! Our agenda: camp overnight at Tomisch Butte, paddle the Chute section, spend one more night camping and then, a mellow ride home.
Since we had only one vehicle, we brought my brother-in-law's dirt bike for the shuttle. The trailer carrying the bike got a flat on our way to camp on day one and some really nice older guys on 4-wheelers stopped to help us. The lug nuts were rusted on and nobody could pry them off. Finally, Mikey came up with a "2 to 1 mechanical advantage pulley system" and MacGyver-ed them off. It was amazing and he was my hero. I would've taken some pictures, but I was too busy swatting zillions of gnats away from my face.
We chose a campsite right next to the creek and it was gorgeous!
Double fisting it...
Mikey set up his GoPro camera to take a picture every minute and it caught this cute one of us.
Here's to the Muddy Creek and my Birthday!
The next morning, we inflated the duckies, got our gear together and set off on the mighty river!
I love the different colors of red rock.
Straight up...
The log showed us how much higher the creek had been.
A whole bunch of log debris stuck between the rocks
My tired boys.
We had a great time on the Muddy Creek. I love my little family of three. Thanks Mikey for an awesome birthday weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment