Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Welcoming 2011!




We went to Mikey's grandparents' cabin at Bear Lake to celebrate the New Year. It was our last trip before Mikey starts his nursing program at the Davis Applied Technology Center, so we wanted to enjoy a little relaxation together. Bear Lake is the perfect place to do this.
Andy and Ness brought their 9 week old black lab puppy, Lily; Carlee and Ben brought their black lab Koda; Jenna brought Sky Dog - also a black lab; Matt and Tori both came, but didn't bring any dogs. So, we had 9 people and 4 dogs. Stanley had a ball playing with all his canine friends, especially Lily.
It was freezing cold with a high of 2 degrees fahrenheit one day, so we stayed in, played games, did bingo scratch off lottery tickets, took naps and read.

One day, we braved the cold and went sledding down the street.

Some of us just watched...

We each took turns cooking meals- lasagna, eggplant parmesan, chicken, and indian chicken tikka masala! Yum! The last day we went touring on our backcountry skis and splitboards. I am just learning to board in powder, so sometimes the hike up is easier than the ride down, but I'll get it.


On New Year's eve, the clubhouse hosted an 80's night party, so we scrounged up some 80's gear and joined the party. My favorite part was wandering around the bar with Carlee and her fake microphone, "interviewing" every person on their highlights of 2010. We heard everything from, "I got married!" "I got divorced!" "I had a baby/grandbaby!" to "I got new couches for Christmas!"



Some of my goals for 2011: get in better shape and BLOG! I'm not blogging just for my friends and family to read about my life, but mainly so that at the end of the year, I can have my blogs printed up in a book! For me, it's a little like scrapbooking, journaling and facebooking all in one! 2 posts in one week. I'm off to a good start!
Another thing that I'm excited for this year: Mikey going to nursing school! Although I will see very little of him for the next 20 months, I'm very proud that he is in the program and there is an end in sight (August of 2012). He is trying to work 32 hours a week and take classes/clinicals 40 hours per week. Sometimes all we see of each other is our faces in the dark and cuddle as we fall asleep. It's totally worth it though. Our goal of travel nursing together is slowly materializing. Helloooo 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Two posts! I love it! This will be such a treasure when you publish it!

    ReplyDelete