Chappy volunteered to host this year's "Fakesgiving," a Thanksgiving dinner with friends that doesn't fall on Thanksgiving day. Carlee started this tradition last year and it was a hit, especially for those whose families are out of state. We all brought a dish and everything turned out fantastic! We are lucky to have good cooks for friends.
Chappy cooked and carved the turkey.
Mikey and I brought Brussels Sprouts au Gratin!
A little Jenga while we're waiting to eat.
Mikey's sister, Annie, Jaimee's brother Joshua, and Johnna's sister were all able to come and the mix of family and friends made it feel even more like one big, happy family.
As host, Chappy stood and gave a very nice toast. Thanks Chap!
I think there might have been some chanting for "Michael Stern" to give a toast also...
Kassi had bought this strange game, "Swivel" from 1972 at a thrift store and wanted to try it out. It was hilarious and painful. You are teammates with the person across from you, 4 people wear ropes around their waist, all connected to a center piece with a plastic piece hanging from it. You are supposed to "Swivel" your hips and body to knock over your teammates pins. It did get a little more violent than that, and several people came home with bruised hips! It was a one hit wonder that will not being coming out of it's box anytime soon, I think.
Good job, Clean Up Crew!
This picture reminds me that more than once, random strangers have asked if Annie and I are sisters. The best was when we were interrupted at a restaurant mid-meal by the question, "Are you girls twins, or just sisters?" I take it as a compliment! Love you, Annie!
In the past few years, our friend group has taken ahold of some holiday traditions/parties and it's been so fun:
New Year's at Mikey's grandparents cabin in Bear Lake
President's Day is ski weekend in Jackson
St. Patricks Day party at Andy and Ness' house
Fakesgiving dinner
Christmas tree shopping in a parking lot
Cookie Sweat Shop hosted by Carlee around Christmastime
I really love our friend group and it's so nice that several of our good friends live within a few miles of us. We often get together to cook dinner together, go on dog walks at Crestwood Park and trade dogsitting. I also love that most of our friends have dogs, not kids. It works out well for trips and parties!
No comments:
Post a Comment